© 2Dales.org.uk
2Dales.org.uk Swaledale & Arkengarthdale

Grinton & Ellerton Abbey Parish Council recent minutes

2Dales.org.uk Swaledale & Arkengarthdale

Home

 >>

Information

>>

Councils

>>

Grinton PC

>> Recent Minutes

The minutes of the most recent meeting are below and are also available, together with the Minutes of earlier meetings on the archive page. The minutes will not be read, approved or signed as being correct until the next meeting. Any amendments will be noted in the next meeting's minutes. Thanks to Grinton Parish Council for permission to include the items on these pages. GRINTON & ELLERTON ABBEY PARISH COUNCIL The minutes of Grinton and Ellerton Abbey Parish Council held on Monday 7 th September 2020 at 7.15pm via Microsoft Teams Video Link Present: Cllr Coates (Chair), Cllrs Barningham, Sunter, Jones and Forrest, the Clerk, NYCC Councillor Y Peacock, 1. Apologies: District Councillor R Good 2. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the meeting held on 6 th July 2020 having been circulated were approved and the Clerk will arrange to have them signed. 4. Matters Arising: Flood Works: An application has been made to the Two Ridings Foundation for additional funding for the works required on both sides of the Beck. Cllr Peacock reported that a further £1,000 would be available from her Localities budget that could be used for the repairs to the parking areas. Also the RDC Area Partnership fund would soon be open for applications with awards of up to £1,000. Wall near Mirgill House: The wall is still to be repaired. Cllr Sunter will contact Trevor Atkinson again to ascertain when the work will be done. Trees, Swale Hall Lane: The Clerk had reported this on the Parish Portal but the case has been closed with a report regarding a street light. The Clerk will report the overgrown trees again. Parking on Moor Road: All the information received from residents has been referred to the YDNPA Planning Officer as this is not something that the Parish Council can deal with and residents should contact YDNPA directly. 5. Correspondence: Richmondshire District Council BT Telephone Box Removal Consultation: The Clerk had circulated information received regarding the on-line access to the consultation documents. The Council will send a letter objecting to the removal of the box in Grinton stating that the mobile coverage in the area is not reliable and as the village defibrillator is situated next to the box it is essential for it to remain. Re-Organisation of Local Government: Information has been received regarding on-line discussion forums available to give further information regarding the model of two unitary authorities to replace the current system. NYCC Re-Organisation of Local Government: Information regarding the proposed single unitary authority has been received. Following a discussion it was proposed that the Parish Council would back the NYCC bid, this was agreed unanimously. Cllr Peacock advised that any concerns regarding representation on the National Park Authority should be put in writing to NYCC. O’Reilly Provision of Payroll service: The Clerk has been notified that O’Reillys will no longer be able to provide payroll services to the Parish Council. It was agreed that the Clerk could seek provision from an alternative source. 6. Finance: Nothing to report 7. Any Other Business: Village Hall Registration: Correspondence has been received from the solicitors that when the neighbouring property was sold in 1971, the land behind the village hall had been incorrectly registered. The Land Registry have admitted the mistake and will de- register and re-register it correctly. It was agreed unanimously that the information should be shared with the neighbouring property who should be contacted by the Land Registry. Poppy Wreath: It was agreed unanimously to order a wreath for Remembrance Sunday. Keep Clear Marking – The Smithy: An email from NYCC has been received stating that the residents of this property have requested an ‘H’ bar ‘Keep Clear’ road marking in front of their garage. The Parish Council has been asked whether they would have any objections. Following discussions it was decided that, as this is not enforceable by law and that it could set a precedent for all properties in the village, the Council would not support the proposal. Speeding Traffic – Moor Road: Cllr Barningham raised concerns again regarding the speed of traffic, including bicycles coming down Moor Road. It was decided to contact NYCC Highways to see if it would be possible to have a village name sign put on all roads into the village with ‘please drive carefully’ on them as well. Street Light outside The Grange: Cllr Forest has had a site meeting with RDC and has been informed that the new solar street light should be in place within the next 4 weeks 8. Date and Time of Next Meeting: Monday 9 th November at 7.15pm
2Dales.org.uk Swaledale & Arkengarthdale

Grinton & Ellerton Abbey Parish Council recent minutes

Home  >> Information >> Councils >> Grinton PC >> Recent Minutes
The minutes of the most recent meeting are below and are also available, together with the Minutes of earlier meetings on the archive page. The minutes will not be read, approved or signed as being correct until the next meeting. Any amendments will be noted in the next meeting's minutes. Thanks to Grinton Parish Council for permission to include the items on these pages. GRINTON & ELLERTON ABBEY PARISH COUNCIL The minutes of Grinton and Ellerton Abbey Parish Council held on Monday 7 th September 2020 at 7.15pm via Microsoft Teams Video Link Present: Cllr Coates (Chair), Cllrs Barningham, Sunter, Jones and Forrest, the Clerk, NYCC Councillor Y Peacock, 1. Apologies: District Councillor R Good 2. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the meeting held on 6 th July 2020 having been circulated were approved and the Clerk will arrange to have them signed. 4. Matters Arising: Flood Works: An application has been made to the Two Ridings Foundation for additional funding for the works required on both sides of the Beck. Cllr Peacock reported that a further £1,000 would be available from her Localities budget that could be used for the repairs to the parking areas. Also the RDC Area Partnership fund would soon be open for applications with awards of up to £1,000. Wall near Mirgill House: The wall is still to be repaired. Cllr Sunter will contact Trevor Atkinson again to ascertain when the work will be done. Trees, Swale Hall Lane: The Clerk had reported this on the Parish Portal but the case has been closed with a report regarding a street light. The Clerk will report the overgrown trees again. Parking on Moor Road: All the information received from residents has been referred to the YDNPA Planning Officer as this is not something that the Parish Council can deal with and residents should contact YDNPA directly. 5. Correspondence: Richmondshire District Council BT Telephone Box Removal Consultation: The Clerk had circulated information received regarding the on-line access to the consultation documents. The Council will send a letter objecting to the removal of the box in Grinton stating that the mobile coverage in the area is not reliable and as the village defibrillator is situated next to the box it is essential for it to remain. Re-Organisation of Local Government: Information has been received regarding on-line discussion forums available to give further information regarding the model of two unitary authorities to replace the current system. NYCC Re-Organisation of Local Government: Information regarding the proposed single unitary authority has been received. Following a discussion it was proposed that the Parish Council would back the NYCC bid, this was agreed unanimously. Cllr Peacock advised that any concerns regarding representation on the National Park Authority should be put in writing to NYCC. O’Reilly Provision of Payroll service: The Clerk has been notified that O’Reillys will no longer be able to provide payroll services to the Parish Council. It was agreed that the Clerk could seek provision from an alternative source. 6. Finance: Nothing to report 7. Any Other Business: Village Hall Registration: Correspondence has been received from the solicitors that when the neighbouring property was sold in 1971, the land behind the village hall had been incorrectly registered. The Land Registry have admitted the mistake and will de-register and re-register it correctly. It was agreed unanimously that the information should be shared with the neighbouring property who should be contacted by the Land Registry. Poppy Wreath: It was agreed unanimously to order a wreath for Remembrance Sunday. Keep Clear Marking – The Smithy: An email from NYCC has been received stating that the residents of this property have requested an ‘H’ bar ‘Keep Clear’ road marking in front of their garage. The Parish Council has been asked whether they would have any objections. Following discussions it was decided that, as this is not enforceable by law and that it could set a precedent for all properties in the village, the Council would not support the proposal. Speeding Traffic – Moor Road: Cllr Barningham raised concerns again regarding the speed of traffic, including bicycles coming down Moor Road. It was decided to contact NYCC Highways to see if it would be possible to have a village name sign put on all roads into the village with ‘please drive carefully’ on them as well. Street Light outside The Grange: Cllr Forest has had a site meeting with RDC and has been informed that the new solar street light should be in place within the next 4 weeks 8. Date and Time of Next Meeting: Monday 9 th November at 7.15pm