© 2Dales.org.uk
2Dales.org.uk Swaledale & Arkengarthdale

Melbecks & Gunnerside Parish Council last meeting Minutes

2Dales.org.uk Swaledale & Arkengarthdale

Home

 >>

Information

>>

Melbecks Parish Council

>> last meeting minutes

Previous meeting minutes are in the archive in pdf format Minutes of the Melbecks Parish Council meeting held on Thursday July 22 nd 2021 at Gunnerside Village Hall The Melbecks Parish Council meeting was held on Thursday July 22nd 2021 at Gunnerside Village Hall. Present were Councillors Silver, McCartney and Lewis with Cllr R. Alderson presiding. The Clerk was Miss N. Adams. All were welcomed to the meeting. 1. Apologies for absence: Apologies were received from Cllr Crapper and RDC Councillor Jill McMullon. 2. Declaration of Interests: Cllr McCartney declared an interest in item 10b (Application for grant towards provision of electric charging point for Gunnerside Village Hall. 3. Minutes of the last meeting: Subject to two amendments to minute 13f) to correct the name of the Kings Head, Gunnerside, and Little Rowleth Pasture committee, the minutes of the last meeting, held on 20 th May 2021 were agreed to be a correct record, and these were signed by the Chair. 4. Matters Arising. There were no matters arising. 5. Finance There were no finance items. 6. Highways a) Highways Reply: The council was advised of the reply from Highways to the issues raised at the last meeting which advised the following: i) The section of the B6270 causing concern has been inspected again and whilst the road is showing signs of wear, there are currently no defects present that meet the intervention levels. ii) An order has been raised for the cattle grid to be cleared (at Gunnerside) It was agreed that the clerk would write to Highways again, as it is possible that they are looking at a different pothole. DA to email Highways and copy in Cllr Peacock. b) The clerk was asked to report overgrown trees and bushes along the B6270 around the area of Robin Gate, Low Row, as these are affecting visibility and potentially dangerous. c) Traffic Survey: The council discussed the possibility of having a traffic survey in Low Row at a cost of £100 plus VAT, and it was agreed to go ahead with this in order to get an idea of the extent of the problem in the village and whether it is worth putting up temporary vehicle activation signs. The clerk will contact Highways to arrange this and advise councilors of this date. 7. Richmonshire District Council a) Parish Council Guide to Affordable Housing The Council noted receipt of this. b) RDC Local Plan Preferred Options Consultation It was noted that this consultation closes on Friday July 23 rd 2021. c) Street Lighting Programme The council noted that there is some funding available on first come, first served basis, which is intended for areas which need new lighting. It was agreed that it was not necessary to apply for this at this time. 8. NYCC a) Local Government Re-organisation. The council was advised that the outcome of this re-organisation has been announced and going forward there will be one unitary authority with elections taking place in 2022. The new authority will commence from 2023 with a shadow council at Richmondshire District Council for a handover period. The new authority will be based at Northallerton. Cllr Peacock advised that she had supported this option as NYCC already carry out 80% of local services, and advised that as Vice-Chair of the Richmondshire Constituency of NYCC, she will be involved in the shaping of this going forward and it is hoped that decisions can be made locally wherever possible. The plan is for 25 Hubs across North Yorkshire which it is hoped can be based at Leyburn, Hawes and Reeth rather than having just one for the whole area. These hubs will allow residents to have a point of contact which is really important. Councillors were also encouraged to comment on the YDNPA Local Plan. 9. YDNPA a) Planning application: Barn west of High Row: The council noted that a resident has raised an issue around whether there will be parking for this property as this is already an issue in this area. It was agreed to send a message to YDNPA to ask if there will be a parking space provided. There were no other comments or objections raised. The clerk will contact YDNPA. 10. Any other business a) Dales Police Report June and July 2021 The council noted receipt of these. b) Application for grant towards provision of electric charging point for Gunnerside Village Hall It was agreed that this would be discussed at the end of the meeting. c) The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Beacons It was agreed that this would be a good idea, however a meeting would need to be organised locally to gauge interest and to involve local residents. The clerk will contact Gunnerside Village Hall and Low Row Village Hall to see what can be organised. d) Notification of YLCA representatives RL agreed to be representative for YLCA Branch meetings, the Clerk will contact YLCA to advise. e) Supporting those who may be digitally excluded The council noted receipt of this. f) Litter bin – Gunnerside Cllr McCartney has received a request from a resident that the Parish Council write a letter to support their application to have a litter bin installed in Gunnerside. The Council was advised that there may have been a change to RDC policy meaning litter bins will now be emptied if they are purchased by the Parish Council, however the clerk will make enquires and Cllr McCartney to send details to the clerk. Cllr McCartney left the meeting for this item g) Application for grant towards provision of electric charging point for Gunnerside Village Hall The clerk was asked to contact Cllr McCartney as Treasurer of Gunnerside Village Hall for more details about this for the next meeting. 11. Date of next meeting Possible dates for the next meetings will be circulated. Post-meeting note: The dates for the next meetings were proposed as the following: Thursday October 7 th 2021 (Low Row), Thursday December 2 nd (Gunnerside),Thursday February 10 th 2022 (Low Row), Thursday March 24 th 2022 (Gunnerside), Thursday May 26 th 2022 (Low Row) and Thursday July 21 st 2022 (Gunnerside) As there was no other business, the meeting closed at 9.00pm
2Dales.org.uk Swaledale & Arkengarthdale

Melbecks & Gunnerside Parish Council last meeting Minutes

Home  >> Information >> Councils  >> Melbecks PC   >>   Last Meeting Minutes
Previous meeting minutes are in the archive in pdf format Minutes of the Melbecks Parish Council meeting held on Thursday July 22 nd 2021 at Gunnerside Village Hall The Melbecks Parish Council meeting was held on Thursday July 22nd 2021 at Gunnerside Village Hall. Present were Councillors Silver, McCartney and Lewis with Cllr R. Alderson presiding. The Clerk was Miss N. Adams. All were welcomed to the meeting. 1. Apologies for absence: Apologies were received from Cllr Crapper and RDC Councillor Jill McMullon. 2. Declaration of Interests: Cllr McCartney declared an interest in item 10b (Application for grant towards provision of electric charging point for Gunnerside Village Hall. 3. Minutes of the last meeting: Subject to two amendments to minute 13f) to correct the name of the Kings Head, Gunnerside, and Little Rowleth Pasture committee, the minutes of the last meeting, held on 20 th May 2021 were agreed to be a correct record, and these were signed by the Chair. 4. Matters Arising. There were no matters arising. 5. Finance There were no finance items. 6. Highways a) Highways Reply: The council was advised of the reply from Highways to the issues raised at the last meeting which advised the following: i) The section of the B6270 causing concern has been inspected again and whilst the road is showing signs of wear, there are currently no defects present that meet the intervention levels. ii) An order has been raised for the cattle grid to be cleared (at Gunnerside) It was agreed that the clerk would write to Highways again, as it is possible that they are looking at a different pothole. DA to email Highways and copy in Cllr Peacock. b) The clerk was asked to report overgrown trees and bushes along the B6270 around the area of Robin Gate, Low Row, as these are affecting visibility and potentially dangerous. c) Traffic Survey: The council discussed the possibility of having a traffic survey in Low Row at a cost of £100 plus VAT, and it was agreed to go ahead with this in order to get an idea of the extent of the problem in the village and whether it is worth putting up temporary vehicle activation signs. The clerk will contact Highways to arrange this and advise councilors of this date. 7. Richmonshire District Council a) Parish Council Guide to Affordable Housing The Council noted receipt of this. b) RDC Local Plan Preferred Options Consultation It was noted that this consultation closes on Friday July 23 rd 2021. c) Street Lighting Programme The council noted that there is some funding available on first come, first served basis, which is intended for areas which need new lighting. It was agreed that it was not necessary to apply for this at this time. 8. NYCC a) Local Government Re-organisation. The council was advised that the outcome of this re-organisation has been announced and going forward there will be one unitary authority with elections taking place in 2022. The new authority will commence from 2023 with a shadow council at Richmondshire District Council for a handover period. The new authority will be based at Northallerton. Cllr Peacock advised that she had supported this option as NYCC already carry out 80% of local services, and advised that as Vice-Chair of the Richmondshire Constituency of NYCC, she will be involved in the shaping of this going forward and it is hoped that decisions can be made locally wherever possible. The plan is for 25 Hubs across North Yorkshire which it is hoped can be based at Leyburn, Hawes and Reeth rather than having just one for the whole area. These hubs will allow residents to have a point of contact which is really important. Councillors were also encouraged to comment on the YDNPA Local Plan. 9. YDNPA a) Planning application: Barn west of High Row: The council noted that a resident has raised an issue around whether there will be parking for this property as this is already an issue in this area. It was agreed to send a message to YDNPA to ask if there will be a parking space provided. There were no other comments or objections raised. The clerk will contact YDNPA. 10. Any other business a) Dales Police Report June and July 2021 The council noted receipt of these. b) Application for grant towards provision of electric charging point for Gunnerside Village Hall It was agreed that this would be discussed at the end of the meeting. c) The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Beacons It was agreed that this would be a good idea, however a meeting would need to be organised locally to gauge interest and to involve local residents. The clerk will contact Gunnerside Village Hall and Low Row Village Hall to see what can be organised. d) Notification of YLCA representatives RL agreed to be representative for YLCA Branch meetings, the Clerk will contact YLCA to advise. e) Supporting those who may be digitally excluded The council noted receipt of this. f) Litter bin – Gunnerside Cllr McCartney has received a request from a resident that the Parish Council write a letter to support their application to have a litter bin installed in Gunnerside. The Council was advised that there may have been a change to RDC policy meaning litter bins will now be emptied if they are purchased by the Parish Council, however the clerk will make enquires and Cllr McCartney to send details to the clerk. Cllr McCartney left the meeting for this item g) Application for grant towards provision of electric charging point for Gunnerside Village Hall The clerk was asked to contact Cllr McCartney as Treasurer of Gunnerside Village Hall for more details about this for the next meeting. 11. Date of next meeting Possible dates for the next meetings will be circulated. Post-meeting note: The dates for the next meetings were proposed as the following: Thursday October 7 th 2021 (Low Row), Thursday December 2 nd (Gunnerside),Thursday February 10 th 2022 (Low Row), Thursday March 24 th 2022 (Gunnerside), Thursday May 26 th 2022 (Low Row) and Thursday July 21 st 2022 (Gunnerside) As there was no other business, the meeting closed at 9.00pm